Bus drivers have voted overwhelming in favour of a 3.25 per cent annual pay rise from State Transit Authority (STA) after a ballot of drivers across all fourteen depots.
The offer was put to drivers yesterday, and over 75% per cent of members voted to accept it – a barnstorming result! Read more »
The new interim Bus Operator Award was ratified last Friday, August 19, before Justice Staff at the industrial relations commission.
The award will see bus operators receive a 2.5% pay rise, back paid until June 12. This payment will go through in the off pay-week beginning August 31.
Welcome to Bus Express!
Divisional Secretary Chris Preston & Divisional President Gary Way
Subscribe to Bus Express
Dollars and sense at STA
Tell us what is REALLY going to make STA more efficient.
All members will be aware that STA CEO Peter Rowley has done a tour of depots trying to convince drivers to accept changes to the Enterprise Agreement he negotiated with drivers not one year ago - all in the name of "efficiency"....
- Attendees acknowledge the value in Union training day 21 May, 2013
- Mona Vale safety dispute – members dig in 20 May, 2013
- Randwick depot happy to see back of M.A.N. buses 16 May, 2013
- Union fee increase 16 May, 2013
- Solidarity for bus drivers today forced to learn new routes on the job 13 May, 2013