The Bus and Tram Division executive met with STA CEO Peter Rowley last week to hear from him on potential reforms to the bus operator. He has also now finished a round of visits to depots around Sydney and Newcastle.
Mr Rowley has said he will follow up discussions with a formal letter to the union. The union will update members as soon as this letter has been received and the discussion is confirmed in writing.
More to come on this soon.
For many decades Newcastle delegates from the Tram & Bus Division have been getting up well before dawn to travel (usually by train) to divisional executive meetings at union headquarters in Redfern. Read more »
Welcome to Bus Express!
Divisional Secretary Chris Preston & Divisional President Gary Way
Subscribe to Bus Express
Dollars and sense at STA
Tell us what is REALLY going to make STA more efficient.
All members will be aware that STA CEO Peter Rowley has done a tour of depots trying to convince drivers to accept changes to the Enterprise Agreement he negotiated with drivers not one year ago - all in the name of "efficiency"....
- Randwick depot claims basketball glory in hotly contested tournament 13 June, 2013
- Division calls for more bus security amid racist attacks 12 June, 2013
- Some interesting lessons from A Current Affair 4 June, 2013
- Brisbane scraps 9 bus routes 3 June, 2013
- Chris and Gary on Bus Express TV 30 May, 2013