After complaints from commuters about the lack of information and the annoyance of having to buy tickets from convenience stores, not to mention the tireless agitation by Peter Gretch from North Sydney, State Transit has agreed to reopen the office.
This will also mean that the workers who looked after the ticket office can return to their jobs.
The site was originally closed due to OH&S concerns about poor air quality from the air conditioner. However despite the site getting the all-clear months ago, there has been an inexplicable delay in reopening the office.
Members have long suspected that State Transit would like to see if closed permanently to save money but the overwhelming public support for the important service forced them to back down.
Welcome to Bus Express!
Divisional Secretary Chris Preston & Divisional President Gary Way
Subscribe to Bus Express
Dollars and sense at STA
Tell us what is REALLY going to make STA more efficient.
All members will be aware that STA CEO Peter Rowley has done a tour of depots trying to convince drivers to accept changes to the Enterprise Agreement he negotiated with drivers not one year ago - all in the name of "efficiency"....
- Randwick depot claims basketball glory in hotly contested tournament 13 June, 2013
- Division calls for more bus security amid racist attacks 12 June, 2013
- Some interesting lessons from A Current Affair 4 June, 2013
- Brisbane scraps 9 bus routes 3 June, 2013
- Chris and Gary on Bus Express TV 30 May, 2013